SOP: Onboarding Users
This standard operating procedure (SOP) should be used when an implementing jurisdiction's administrator wishes to add a new user to the SanteDB implementation.
- You are a system administrator for the jurisdictional deployment of the SanteDB infrastructure
- There has been a request made (and approved by a supervisor) to add a new user to the SanteDB infrastructure
- The user, or relevant supervisor has submitted the appropriate documentation for the new user.
- Establish the user has a valid reason for accessing the SanteDB system
- The user is a clinician who requires access to SanteDB's clinical data
- The user is an administrator or support person who requires access to the administrative solution
- The user is a supervisor requiring access to management data, or cohort data.
- Collect legal/compliance information for your jurisdiction, including:
- Government issued photo identification showing the new user's name, address, and other demographics details.
- The new user's employment details including division, employer, and citizenship.
- Establish the correct level of access for the user
- The user will require access to administrative functions (
- The user will require access to clinical data functions (
- The user will require access to reports (...)
- Collect and verify appropriate contact information for the new user
- The user's telephone number (where they can be contacted for OTP and auditing/compliance reasons)
- The user's e-mail address (where they can be contacted for OTP and auditing/compliance reasons)
- Determine a unique user name for the new user, in the format
familyNamefirstInitial(for example: Bob Smith becomes
smithb, subsequent Bob Smiths become
- Your user account has the Create Identity policy granted
- 4.Input the collected information for the user on the Creating User Accounts
- 1.Input the user's new user name as determined above.
- 2.Assign the appropriate roles as determine in the pre-steps of this procedure.
- 3.Create a random password (to be shared with the user)
- 4.Input the user's profile information such as legal name, e-mail and telephone number, the user's preferred language, their assigned facility and primary employer.
- 5.Press the
- Contact the user's supervisor to indicate the account creation has been successful (alternately: resolve the help desk ticket to create a new user)
Current Status: Example Reviewed By: SanteSuite Team