Installation on Virtual or Physical Environments
You can install SanteDB iCDR on Microsoft Windows or Linux / Unix operations on x86 or ARM. The option to install SanteDB iCDR services on a full operating system is well suited for environments where:
- There is a need to finely tune the SanteDB configuration files
- There is a predefined TRA and PIA process which requires hardened / vetted operating system installations.
- There is existing Operating System environments in place, examples include:
- Existing Application Performance Monitoring software which relies on a specific Operating System
- Existing authentication/administration infrastructure (such as Active Directory)
- Existing event log / notification shipping in infrastructure.
- There are requirements for hardware level isolation of the SanteDB services
- There are complex scaling requirements (such as using Windows scaling or clustered file servers)
- The environment's use of Windows only features in SanteDB. Windows only features include:
- Using Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) dispatcher queues
- Using Microsoft Windows Event Log notifications for central event monitoring
- Using Microsoft Operation Manager to coordinate update and software package installation.
If installing SanteDB iCDR on a native or virtualized operating system environments administrators will need to ensure the following pre-requisites are met:
- An appropriate operating system version is installed, patched and ready for installation of the SanteDB iCDR Application Server.
- An appropriate database environment (primarily PostgreSQL) is installed, patched and can accept connections from the SanteDB iCDR Application Server.