Upgrading Gateway to SanteDB Langley (v2.0.30+) from SanteDB Kelowna and earlier
Purpose: You wish to upgrade a currently installed version of SanteDB Disconnected Gateway 2.0.2x to SanteDB Disconnected Gateway 2.0.3x.
Introduction: Starting with SanteDB Disconnected Gateway 2.0.3x , OpenSSL 1.1 is used as the encryption library rather than OpenSSL 1.02. This enhancement provides a more secure operating environment and also allows the Disconnected Gateway to use phonetic and levenshtein matches.
However, an in-place upgrade is no supported and an attempt to merely install and run a 2.0.3x instance over a 2.0.2x instance will result in a failed startup. This guide will walk administrators through the upgrade procedure.
- SanteDB Disconnected Gateway (Langley - v2.0.30 and higher) on Windows
- 1.Navigate to your Disconnected Gateway administrative interface navigate to System > Jobs
- 2.Locate the job System Automatic Backup and click the Run button
- 3.Allow the backup job to fully complete (use the Reload button to refresh the current status).
- 4.Navigate to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\SanteDB\dcg-default\backups
- 5.Locate the most recent backup file and copy it (press CTRL+C)
- 6.Navigate to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\SanteDB\dcg-default
- 7.Create a directory called Restore and paste (CTRL+V) the copied backup file.
- 8.Install SanteDB Disconnected Gateway 2.0.30+ as normal