Upgrading SanteDB iCDR with large databases
Issue: After installing an upgrade for a SanteDB iCDR server, the service starts never finishes, and it is logged that a database update has failed.
- SanteDB iCDR (Version 2.1.x)
- Upon starting the Windows Service or Linux daemon you notice that the startup takes a long time
- When attempting to access the server via an API or dCDR you receive a 503 error
- In the SanteDB log file there are log entries noting:
[email protected] [2022-01-18T09:16:05.4466863-05:00]: Could not install 20220112-01 - Npgsql.NpgsqlException (0x80004005): Exception while reading from stream ---> System.TimeoutException: Timeout during reading attempt at Npgsql.NpgsqlConnector.<g__ReadMessageLong|194_0>d.MoveNext()Cause: This rejection is caused because the ssnAuthority has not been configured for the dCDR or iCDR.
- 1.Note the update file name in the log (example:
20220112-01) and locate the equivalent SQL file in
$installdir$/data/sql/updates/20220112-PSQL.sql(note: Firebird database have
-FBSQLas their suffix)
- 2.Open a connection to the database using a client tool (like PGAdmin, DBeaver, etc.)
- 3.Run the update file manually
- 4.Kill the SanteDB host process
- 5.Restart the SanteDB iCDR host process