Migrating A SanteDB Server
Purpose: You wish to migrate a server from one hosted environment to another or to copy a configuration from one server to another in order to scale up.
Introduction: OpenIZ provides scale-out capabilities in which there are chained AMI configuration instances, however there are times when you wish to migrate or "spin-up" a cloned copy of the environment. This article will illustrate how to copy an existing environment to another server.
This article is not recommended for setting up a scale-out deployment (there are better ways of doing this), however is recommended for:
- Migrating from one hosted platform to another
- Copying a staging environment for testing
- OpenIZ IMS Server
On the source server (the server you're copying from):
- 1.Shut down the OpenIZ host process
- net stop "OpenIZ Host Process"
- 3.Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Mohawk College\OpenIZ
- 4.Compress the folder by right clicking and selecting Send To > Compressed Folder
- 5.This will create an OpenIZ.zip file in the Mohawk College folder (you may be asked to place the file on the desktop instead) **
On the destination server (the server you're copying to):
- 1.Restore the database on your target environment by following the instructions listed in HS001 - Backing up IMS server database
- 2.Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Mohawk College folder (create it if it does not exist)
- 3.Extract the OpenIZ.zip file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Mohawk College folder.
- 4.Register the service with: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\InstallUtil /i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mohawk College\OpenIZ\openiz.exe"
- 5.Start the service with net start "OpenIZ Host Process"